Changes to Local Policy FDB: Admissions: Intradistrict Transfers and Classroom Assignments were approved by the AISD Board of Trustees on April 27, 2015. The changes impact the admission of priority transfers into frozen schools (i.e., schools with no available space). There are three types of priority transfers: majority-to-minority, sibling, and tracking.
How to Apply for a Transfer
- *NEW* Apply via email: Scan transfer requests and all necessary documents (proof of residence, parent/guardian photo ID, birth certificate). Email documents to firstname.lastname@example.org beginning Jan. 3, 2017.
- Submit transfer requests and required documents in person to the Office of Student Services, 1111 W. Sixth St., A200, during regular business hours, 7:45 a.m.–4:45 p.m.
- Mail transfer requests and required documents to the Office of Student Services, 1111 W. Sixth St., A200, Austin 78703.
- Fax transfer requests and required documents to the Office of Student Services at 512-414-4994.
Each year, Austin ISD determines which schools (K-12) should be frozen to transfers because they have, or are expected to have, enrollments that exceed their capacities. Also, some schools are frozen to maintain stability in tracking patterns.
Schools Frozen to Transfers in 2017–18:
- High Schools: Akins, Bowie, Lanier, McCallum
- Middle Schools: Burnet, Lamar, Murchison
- Elementary Schools: Baldwin, Baranoff, Blazier, Casis, Cowan, Doss, Graham, Gullett, Hill, Kiker, Maplewood, Menchaca, Perez, Ridgetop, Wooten, Zilker
View the AISD Student Transfer Policy online. Questions? Please contact the Office of Student Services at 512-414-1726.